There are many effective Vitiligo Remedies for the condition, but the best ones to try are the homemade Vitiligo Remedies involving the use of natural ingredients like herbs and natural oils. Aside from being less expensive, natural Vitiligo Remedies are also effective and safe. They are also more flexible than other kinds of Vitiligo Remedies in the sense that they are more suitable for different ages of people suffering from vitiligo. Remember that there are also cases of vitiligo even in children, and not all advanced Vitiligo Remedies are applicable and suitable for them. Here are the top five Vitiligo Remedies:
- Basil Leaves and Lime Juice – Basil leaves are known to help generate melanin which is responsible for skin pigmentation in the body. In fact it is used with different ingredients in other Vitiligo Remedies. To make this remedy, boil a quarter cup of Basil in 200 ml of water with five tablespoons of Lime Juice. Allow the mixture to cool then transfer it to a small container. Use a cotton ball when applying it to white patches in the skin. Visible results are known to appear in around five to six months.
- Radish Seed Paste – Natural Vitiligo Remedies supporters believe that radish seeds promote the restoration of melanin in the body. To make this paste, grind a quarter cup of radish seeds until it becomes powdery. Add four teaspoons of vinegar and mix it well until it becomes a sticky paste. Apply it on affected areas every day for 6 months to see positive results.
- Mashed Papaya or Papaya Juice – This is the simplest of all Vitiligo Remedies as it only requires mashing the papaya or juicing it and applying it on the white spots in the skin. This is also probably the safest of all Vitiligo Remedies because it consists of nothing but pure fruit which is edible and healthy and guaranteed to pose no risk for allergic reactions and harmful side effects (except for those people who happen to be allergic to Papaya).
- Calendula and Chamomile flowers with St. John’s Wort and Oregano – This mixture is very beneficial like many natural Vitiligo Remedies because it prevents the disease from developing into a worse condition. This remedy is best done alongside other Vitiligo Remedies to stop the growth of more white patches in the skin and therefore limit the focus only on curing the presently affected areas. Boil Calendula and Chamomile flowers, St. John’s Wort and Oregano leaves in a cup of water for fifteen minutes. Allow it to cool and then pour into two equal servings which is to be taken in the morning and evening for one month to see impressive results.
- Natural re-pigmentation – Exposing the skin to the sun at controlled settings is beneficial for reviving the lost pigment in the skin. UV exposure is also done in other medical Vitiligo Remedies. Try sunbathing indoors with the curtains rolled away for about an hour before sunset as well as an hour before sunset. During these times of day, the sun rays give just enough warmth to encourage the skin to start recoloring itself. Be careful in doing this though because overexposure to the sun can easily lead to blisters and sunburns. It is still best to wear protective sunscreens to avoid too much sun exposure.